In line with the Paris Agreement, the shipping industry is constantly looking to technology for ways to reduce its share of greenhouse gas emissions. Significant cuts in emissions however can be challenging to achieve unless fundamental changes are realised in the short term.
RYPOS, Inc., developer and manufacturer of advanced, exhaust filtration systems that reduce harmful emissions from diesel engines, and Stanford Medicine, a leader in pioneering research, creative teaching protocols and effective clinical therapies, are pleased to announce the first installation and approval of an OSP special seismic certification pre-approved diesel particulate filter for the new emergency power station at New Stanford Hospital medical center.
The processes that create ozone pollution in the summer can also trigger the formation of wintertime air pollution, according to a new study from researchers at the University of Colorado Boulder and NOAA, in partnership with the University of Utah. The team's unexpected finding suggests that in the U.S. West and elsewhere, certain efforts to reduce harmful wintertime air pollution could backfire.
Owners of older cars and light trucks in California have long known that smog certification is required every other year as a condition of vehicle registration. No certification, no registration. It’s been that way since 1984. Big rigs, unlike passenger vehicles, don’t have to pass state smog checks. Diesel trucks spew the major portion of oxides of nitrogen and diesel particulate matter into California’s air.
Peter Moore, an Adjunct Professor of Supply Chain at Georgia College EMBA Program, Program Faculty at the Center for Executive Education at the University of Tennessee, and Adjunct Professor at the University of South Carolina Beaufort tells us recent action by the IMO and United Nations is requiring owners to make the required investment in scrubbers or even scrapping vessels in favor of new ones with clean-diesel engines that reduce pollutants by 95%
Scientists have linked air pollution with many health conditions including asthma, heart disease, lung cancer and premature death. Among air pollutants, fine particulate matter is especially harmful because the tiny particles (diameter of 2.5 μm or less) can penetrate deep within the lungs. Now, researchers have integrated data from multiple sources to determine the personal exposure of people in peri-urban India to fine particulate matter. They report their results in Environmental Science & Technology.
- CARB has more than 50 regulatory programs impacting stationary and mobile sources. Enforcement is critical for public health benefits. Trucks and trailers with transport refrigeration units that are 7 or more years old are required by CARB to install a diesel particulate filter under Title 13, CCR, section 2477
- You can avoid paying a substantial fine if inspectors stop your vehicle and issue a citation. Violation of the mandate can result in fines of $5000 to $10000 per violation per day.
- Diesel particulate filters reduce harmful emissions of particulate matter, a known carcinogen linked to bladder and respiratory disease.
- Incremental improvements to air quality can be attributed to implementation of diesel particulate filters. California has seen significant decrease in air pollution due in large part to CARB standards.
- Emission reduction is required by law. When ALL companies comply with regulations, ALL companies share in the responsibility and cost of doing business in California.
Rypos offers active diesel particulate filters for most TRUs. Contact us for more information. Visit our web site: http://www.rypos.com/
Technologies designed to restore power to full operation must be reliable and proven, which is why most all system operators rely on diesel emergency generators as part of their black start systems to provide immediate and full strength electric power when there is a failure of the primary power supply system.